Monday, June 1, 2020

Blog session 3

Themed Post


Hi everyone,


Today is a special session because you were in charge of choosing a topic to write about. It was a tie voting . Half agreed on  "movies or films", and the half on series so this is a great chance to think about your "favourite movie or series" , "the best movie/series you´ve ever seen".



First , I would like to say that I am not a big fan of movies, but it does not mean that I have not visited cinemas. I have enjoyed a lot seeing interesting and funny films, especially with my children, during different times in my life and theirs, when they were kids and now that  they are grown-ups. We enjoy staying together and having fun watching good and great films. They all love films.

Films are like a piece of fantasy mixed with real life, there are a lot of different types of films, action, science fiction, drama, comedy, horror, documentaries, cartoons, etc but I prefer comedies, history or films based on real facts. I have seen many amazing movies but just two of them are my favourites: "Cinema Paradiso" (Italian)and "Les Chorists" (French). The first one is an Oscar winner. It is simply an enigmatic film which will stay in your memory for a long time...It is about a filmmaker who recalls his childhood, when he fell in love with the movies at his village' s theater and formed a deep friendship with the theater's projectionist. The second one is about a failed music teacher (Mr. Mathieu) who comes to a strict boy`s boarding school where a tough headmaster rules over a deprived youth with a motto of "Action- Reaction". Mr Mathieu tries a different approach, introducing music into their lives, forming a boys' choir that allows him to discover the secret musical talent of a quiet but troubled young boy.



These films are so charming, funny, touching, poignant and thought- provoking but mainly real and human.

They are those kind of films that you will always remember.


Now it is your turn.
-What do you think about cinema?
-Have you seen any remarkable film that you still remember? 
-What was it about? (plot)


Say:

 - Make comments on your teacher`s and on 3 of your classmates’ posts
- Word Count: 180 words


Good luck!



20 comments:

  1. I don't know any of the movies that you mentioned, but they sound great

    ReplyDelete
  2. if i´m going to see a movie I prefer that this be one of accion or drama.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I watched Les Chorists and it's a beautiful movie, I watched when I was on the chorus of my school

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is so amazing that you watch movies in another language like italian or french, is so romantic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also watched "Les Choristes" and is a very beautiful and emotive movie with a very good soundtrack, I remember I cried at the end :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's true that movies mix a piece of reality with fantasy, I share your opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  7. once I saw a french movie, it was ratatouille :P

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cinema Paradiso is sooooo good, i love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I also prefer history films or based in real life. These types of films always attract my attention because I like too much the history

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like to watch movies in French, it is a beautiful language

    ReplyDelete
  11. cinema paradiso is a good movie miss!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I don't like movies, but the movies aren't from USA in general are better than movies from Hollywood

    ReplyDelete
  13. I also prefer movies based on real facts!

    ReplyDelete
  14. how interesting those miss movies sound, I'll try to see them especially cinema paradiso

    ReplyDelete
  15. i haven't seen neither of those movies, but definitely will

    ReplyDelete
  16. I also like movies based on real facts, even more those based on historical facts!

    ReplyDelete
  17. "Les Choristes" it's an amazing movie. I really enjoyed seeing it

    ReplyDelete
  18. Maybe one day i’ll see cinema Paradiso

    ReplyDelete
  19. I didn't watch Cinema Paradise; just Les Choristes. Good film anyway

    ReplyDelete